Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas Ornaments


Merry Christmas!!!

Here is the tree I created in my classroom with my second graders! By overlapping numerous green pieces of paper, I was able to create this adorable tree for one of our bulletin boards. We then added the ornaments that my students made for their parents. 

Each ornament is a salt dough bell that was baked and then painted. Students were given green, red and white acrylic paint. After they dried, we glued their school picture on and used embroidery floss to hang them. These are the exact same style ornaments that I made as a second grader! My own mom still hangs mine on the christmas tree every year! They last a really long time. 

Here is the Salt Dough Recipe that I used. I baked the ornaments at home and then brought them into school for the kids to paint. Hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment