Saturday, July 25, 2015

Moving my Writing Wall

Hey everyone! I hope you're summer is going great! I am excited to say that summer school ended this past Friday and I am thoroughly enjoying my time off! My brother is in town for the week and we're having tons of fun as a family! Tomorrow we're going to the beach!

However, this week I also began tackling my classroom. Although I have a few weeks left of summer, the urge to get started and the feeling that I won't be ready in time is already beginning! :)

So what did I do? Got started of course!

Some of my bulletin boards on the top of my giant wall were beginning to fade, so out came the 20 foot ladder! I also decided at the end of the school year that I was going to move my writing wall to the other side, so that I could hang their work without climbing on our counters. I thought moving it would be a piece of cake, but boy was I wrong! 8 exhausting hours later... lol Here's what I have so far...


I still need to finish the birthday board in purple and do the entire other side of the room! But we're making progress! And I'm totally in love with the lime green paper. It makes the whole wall pop! Can't wait to see what it looks like with student work! 


2 comments:

  1. Found you on "My Second Grade TpT Tribe"! :) Super cute blog!! Love the bulletin board for student work. It's inspiring me to update my wall.

    All the best,
    Laura K.
    Ms. Pretzel's 2nd Grade Bugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ms. Pretzel! I'm so glad my wall inspired you to update yours! I will definitely post a picture of what it looks like when student work is up! :)

      Meaghan

      Delete