Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Helping Young Writers

Hey everyone! I attended an assessment conference a few weeks ago and learned all about student engaged assessment. One of the things they discussed the most was helping students assess themselves during writing. I got to observe some super amazing teachers teach writing. As a result, I spent a week updating all of my young writer's criteria and spending extra time teaching my students how to better assess themselves and their peers during the editing and revise portion of the Writing Process. Below is the link to my newly created Young Writer's Help Packet. It includes a checklist, and sight words, transition words and question word lists. It's already made a huge difference in my student's self assessment and overall confidence in writing. I hope that it can be some use to you too!


No comments:

Post a Comment