Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Things that make me love teaching...


A fellow teacher once told me to keep a running binder of little notes, pictures and moments that remind you of why you love teaching. She said that because teaching is hard, you will sometimes have those days where you literally feel like your mind is exploding. Having this binder, helps ground you and remind you of the reasons you love what you do. 

Even just after two years, my binder is already bursting from the seams. I have so many drawings, pictures, notes and memories from teaching. I love flipping through it on the hard to handle days where I swear my students were fed only candy for breakfast. It reminds me to laugh, smile and dig deep down and find that extra patience. 

Adding to this binder gives me joy. 

Today we were asked by my principal to write thank you notes to the many donors that make the existence of our school possible. Check out the cards below. I had to snap a few pictures to add to my binder. Sometimes you forget how much you mean to your students. It's nice to get that reminder! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment