Monday, July 15, 2013

Graduation... a new beginning



Me and the ACE Bus!


This past weekend I graduated from the University of Notre Dame's Alliance for Catholic Education (ACE) program. I can't believe my two years is already over!! It went by so fast.




If you don't already know, ACE is a wonderful Service through Teaching program that places young grads in low income Catholic schools in cities across the country. Participants are asked to trust in God's plan and accept a random city, school, and grade, while taking intensive classes during the summers and school year towards both their teaching certification and Masters in Education. Its an amazing program that combines community, spirituality and academics to produce highly effective teachers.

And I was so blessed to participate. The last two years I taught second grade in Denver, Colorado at the very first Expeditionary Learning school in the country. I learned so much and made so many wonderful friends.

And although I loved my students, school and Denver family and friends to death, I have decided to continue teaching next year back home in San Jose, California at a school whose staff is part of Santa Clara University's Academy of Blended Learning. I'm going to continue in Second Grade, and continue in Catholic Education. I'm excited about the future and excited about all the new things I'm going to learn.

Can't wait!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment