Monday, July 15, 2013

Last Week of School

Every teacher knows that the last week of school is almost always the craziest. Between cleaning/tearing apart the classroom, fitting in those last second standards, finishing up projects and saying goodbye to your students, it's a surprise that we get it all done. 

This year was especially hard. I had to tell my students that I was moving back to California. Like the typical girl that I am, I totally cried. I told myself I wasn't going to, but when you say goodbye, and the kids start crying, which starts the parents crying... you can't help but join in. 

Before leaving though, I gave my students the below packets. At such a struggling school, I wanted the kids to remember that no matter how difficult their every day life and no matter how much they struggle... they are important, they are special and they can keep shining bright. 

Each Packet contained...
  1. A Bible Coloring Book (bought at the Dollar Tree)
  2. A summer activity, reading strategy and practice packet
  3. A laminated picture of the class
  4. A Butterfinger (since 24 out of my 25 kids had never had one)
  5. And one of my favorite quotes ever...


For as much love and learning that this class gave me, it was a meager end of the year gift. Nonetheless I hope that I left them with more than just a Butterfinger and summer work. I hope they left with lots of memories, some self motivation and all the necessary skills to blow their future teachers out of the water!

 Gonna miss this crazy bunch of kiddos! 



No comments:

Post a Comment