Monday, September 2, 2013

Back to School

So the new year has begun! The classroom is all set up and the students are back. They've settled into the routines, learned the rules, practiced them over and over again and have begun to learn how to proceed through centers. We've mastered "Read to Self," have completed our first writing project and have reviewed fact families and missing addends. We've done a lot in two weeks, and I'm already so excited about what this year is going to bring.


This past thursday we had Back to School Night.  I met all the parents and handed out a variety of resources, including an extremely modified version of the handbook below. I've included a link below to our second grade handbook! We discussed the curriculum for the year, as well as what to expect along the way. I went over my procedures, and my philosophy on teaching and met each and every parent. It was a great night.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/165033557/Second-Grade-Handbook

It's going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment