Sunday, May 12, 2013

A to Z mysteries!

WE LOVE TO READ!!

My kids are currently obsessed with Ron Roy's "A to Z Mystery" Series. We are literally devouring the series as a class.

A few weeks ago after talking on the phone with my little sister, Paige, I decided to read my students the very first one, "The Absent Author." Paige had loved them when she was in 2nd grade and read every single one of them with my dad. They had a list of the entire series on the fridge at home and had checked them off one by one.

My students had been lagging as of late with the books in my classroom and I thought this might be a great way to get them motivated to read again. So, I picked up the "Absent Author" and read it with as much expression and excitement as I possibly could! I hooked them in! Since then we've checked out every single A to Z mystery from the school library and the local neighborhood library. The poor librarian at school is frantically trying to buy more of them to complete the whole library set. The pictures below show my kids obsessively reading them during our Daily 5 portion of our day. I love how engaged they are in their books.

I hope it continues ALL summer!

I decided to create a checklist similar to the one my dad made for my sister. You can get it below. 



No comments:

Post a Comment