Sunday, May 12, 2013

Rosaries

We're making Rosaries! Now that First Communion is over, we're starting to learn all about Mary and how to pray the rosary. I bought these adorable giant rosary kits off the internet here. I was getting so exhausted saying, "Get that off your neck. A rosary is not necklace. It's a tool for prayer." It seems that many kids these days have no idea how to properly use or respect a rosary. When I was in First Grade, we made rosaries as a class and I still have mine to this day. There is no better way to engage and motivate students to understand how to use a rosary, then to make one! 


My students are loving it! 
As soon as we're done making our rosaries, we're going to learn how to pray them! We've already started practicing all the different prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment